Search This Blog

Tuesday, November 20, 2012

A Special Guest

Photo Credit:  hamper at morgueFile.com
If I could dine with anyone...well...besides the fam,
I would want to share a meal...with the Blessed Lamb.
The things I'd want to thank Him for, how would I even start?
Could I even speak the love that's found deep in my heart?

I wouldn't want a lunch express...fast food of any kind,
I'd want to share the thoughts inside...of all that's on my mind.
I'd hope the service would be slow...I'd want to drag it out,
Just for me and Jesus...that's what it'd be about.

First, I'd like to thank Him...for His life that He gave,
So our lives just wouldn't end with names upon a grave.
I'd thank Him...for opening the lock on Heaven's gate,
I'd stall for extra time...asking for another plate.

Very soon, He'd catch on...to my little plan,
After all, He knows us...each woman and each man.
Then He'd say, "Relax, my child, I know your every thought,
I want to be here, too...just as you have sought."

My nerves would calm, He'd take my hand, "What would you like to say?"
"Lord, I thank you for the things...you do for me each day.
Thank you for my legs that work when I get out of bed,
For my eyes that greet the day from my sleepyhead."

"For giving me a family that loves me through it all,
For answering my prayers, when Your Name I do call.
For our meals, for our home, each sunrise fresh and new,
For our friends, for our health, for freedom, Lord, to love You."

"For blessings in abundance and the chance for us to share,
With those who may not realize how You deeply care.
For giving us a recipe through Your Holy Word,
Of how to get to Heaven...to reach You and be heard."

"I can't believe You gave your life for sinners just like me,
But, I know You love us, Lord, more than we can see.
I thank You for the tiny taste found in a mother's love,
A day-to-day reminder that love is from above."

"Thank You for my Mom and Dad whose love is never ceasing,
For my precious husband, each year, my love's increasing.
For the gift of children...I feel so very blessed,
They bring me peace and joy...more than I could've guessed."

Then, I'd stop and say, "Oh my, how time has flown!
Would you like to talk?  I've been in my little zone."
"Yes, my child, please love like me...there is no other way,
Love your friends, your enemies, the least you meet each day."

"Show everyone a glimpse of what a life with Me can be,
One that's full of hope...and tranquility.
Share your time and talents...your abundant treasures, too,
You need me just as much, dear one, as I'm in need of you."

"You are my hands, you are my feet, you are my lips to speak,
Encourage all you meet each day...it's Me they need to seek.
For hope when things seem hopeless, for love when they're alone,
For comfort when they're suffering, use kindness in your tone."

"Dear Lord, I know you're busy, I thank You for your time,
Please know this meal's on me, sir...won't let you pay a dime."
"Oh, my daughter, please recall that I have paid for this,
On the cross, remember...betrayed with a kiss."

Then, before I could respond, He was no longer there,
I looked high and I looked low, but couldn't find Him anywhere.
Then a voice in my head reminded me to pray,
A way that we can call on Him each and every day.

He is there, He's all around, He'll dine with us each day,
Just remember to invite Him on Thanksgiving when you pray.
"Bless this food, Lord, bless this house, while we work and rest,
We saved a seat...for You, Lord...please come and be our guest!"

6 comments:

  1. AWESOME.....nothing more to say, the words so true and should be heard by all!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so beautiful and expresses the sentiments of many this holiday season. Thanks for sharing your special gift and handiwork. Have a blessed Thanksgiving! ....Robin

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Robin! Thanks so much for taking the time to comment. I feel blessed to be able to write for the Lord. Thanksgiving blessings to you too! ;-)

      Delete